[mythtv] Bug Reports

Shane Hyde shane at trontech.net
Sat May 3 14:40:11 EDT 2003

Chris Pinkham wrote:

>I see Isaac fixed this already, but I wanted to ask something to satisfy
>my curiosity.
>
>Was this a movie or a regular TV show with commercials that you
>recorded?  I'm assuming it was a movie or you're non-US and the
>channel didn't have blank frames separating commercials.
>
>Just curiosity on my part since I wrote the commercial detection stuff.

I'm in Australia, and blank frame detection doesn't work for me at all.
What's the threshold of blankness, ie

* Watermarks
* Fade in and out of blank frame.
* Crosstalk/Noise on the cable line.

I suspect all of these are causing me issues when detecting commercials.

If you need me to test anything on Aus broadcasts, let me know, I'd be
happy to help.

Shane