[mythtv] DVB support - Status update

Andy Davidoff dert at pobox.com
Fri May 2 22:05:23 EDT 2003

That example uses an extra copy of the table for each additional
field you wish to include in the final results.  You'd have to know
how many attributes existed and their order and craft the query
appropriately.

Do you really think this is more elegant than just using a separate
table that is structured to hold each of the extra variables?  We'd
get the benefits of fixed-length records, data-types designed for the
data the column is storing, indices on specific attributes...

Take a look at the SQL I wrote to improve the queries for programs
plus recordings in MythWeb/functions.php -- it demonstrates the
kind of ugliness that can arise from shoehorning one-to-many into
one-to-one.

On May 02, at 20:06, Joel Feenstra encoded a 1.2K recording: