[mythtv] USB 1.1 too slow? Firewire or USB 2.0 alternative?

COFFMAN Steven SCoffman at COVANSYS.com
Sun Mar 30 22:50:23 EST 2003

Hi,
A friend was impressed by my MythTV setup and asked me to help him setup Myth on a computer without PCI or AGP slots. While I have found some USB 1.1 or USB 1.0 cards with Linux support, I'm concerned that USB 1.1's transfer rate is too slow for MythTV.

Anyone had any experience with this?

He's got USB 2.0 and Firewire, and everything should theoretically work fine if the USB/Firewire capture device has a V4L driver. However, I'm having difficulty finding such a well supported beast. Anyone know of one?
-Steve