[mythtv] New ugly module, mythburn

Leandro Dardini ldardini at tiscali.it
Mon Mar 31 00:03:38 EST 2003

In attach you'll find my ugly way of "recycling programming" named mythburn.
A module to let you convert your .nuv to .avi using your patched mencoder
and burn them in your cd burner.

Awaiting for a nice icon, it can be added to the main menu simply appending
these rows to the mainmenu.xml:

<button>
     <type>BURN</type>
     <text>Burn CD</text>
     <action>EXEC mythburn</action>
</button>

As stated before, I don't know c++ programming and this program is a simply
hack of mythvideo connected to some scripts to accomplish simple tasks.
Please submit patch to it, or maybe rewrite it from scratch. There are a
lots of defects and it lacks a lots of things I don't know how to implement.
I am aware of the following big bugs, but I don't know how to correct
them...
* Browsing files let you go up up up up ... crawling the entire filesystem.
I found the code to not let the user go around the filesystem, but I don't
know why it is not functioning... maybe there are some /  to remove
* While executing system calls, the screen remains blank... this is a
unfriendly way to let the user know the system is busy...
* Error checking is far to be perfect

 Please take a look to the scripts, maybe they are to modify according to
your system.

I am working on the setup menu, so it is not included yet. You have to
insert by hand the following values in  mythconverg.settings. You can insert
only few of them, simply in mythburn do not choose the uninserted values...
:)  They represent the width, height and bitrate of six type of conversions
from nuv to avi. EHQ is for Extreme High Quality and ELQ is for Extreme Low
Quality, guess other values.

EHQwidth
EHQheight
EHQbitrate