[mythtv] PATCH: manual recording (much better)

Chris Derossi chrismyth at derossi.com
Sat Mar 29 18:02:00 EST 2003

The enclosed patch against current CVS is an improved version of the manual
recording code.

Now, when you're on the manual recording page, you can tab to the embedded
live TV and use the normal keyboard commands to change the inputs, channels,
brightness, etc. Once you have what you want, give it a title (or leave the
one already associated with the program), and start recording.

No more hacks regarding channel ID since it uses the actual channel id of
whatever you're watching.

In addition to the manual record functionality, this patch includes a bunch
of what I would consider to be bug fixes. Examples include things that made
embedded live TV not practical and some missing state transitions in
tv_play.

Note that the included tvmenu.xml file is not part of the patch. I'm
including it just as an example to show how you might access the manual
recording page.

New files in second message.

_chris