[mythtv] [mythtv-users] Dual card recording (fwd)

Chris cisip at sprintmail.com
Sat Mar 29 00:57:56 EST 2003

I have a dual tv tuner setup also and using mythtv .8.  My problem is a
little different.  When I schedule only one recording, mythbackend tries
to perform two simultaneous recording of the same program to the same
file.  I believe this is what is happening because, at the time of the
recording, I cannot watch live tv (all inputs are being used), the
console says Changing from None to Recordingonly twice (but the second
time, it is preceded by a list of database insertion errors indicating
duplicate entry in the database), and "top" reports cpu usage
proportionate to two simultanoues recording.  The resulting file cannot
be seeked.  If I have two recordings scheduled, they record fine.
Likewise If I am using Live TV and a scheduled recording starts, the
recording is ok also.  I wonder if this has been fixed.

Thanks.

Chris <cisip at sprintmail.com>