[mythtv] Front ends for other machines

James Knight foom at fuhm.net
Thu Mar 27 16:40:27 EST 2003

On Thursday, March 27, 2003, at 03:22  PM, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> I agree... it would be great if you could build just a frontend for a
> system
> that didn't have V4L, like BSD, Cygwin or Darwin... ha! a Myth frontend
> running native (via Cygwin) on a Wintel box... or a Mac running OSX...
>  now
> that's cool.
>
> I would think it would just be a matter of splitting libmythtv.

On a similar but slightly different note, I'd love to be able to play
myth recorded files on MacOS X. I wonder how hard it would be to make a
Quicktime codec (darn almost said QT, silly ambiguous acronyms) for
NuppelVideo video files. Then you could have links from MythWeb to the
video files that would work in windows and macos via QuickTime plugin.
That'd be awesome.

James