[mythtv] Re: Dual (simultaneous) use of MythTV box

Mike Thomson linux at m-thomson.net
Wed Mar 26 21:17:12 EST 2003

Thanks Cliff, Michael, William

A small low-wattage bulb is now floating over my head. I had been beating my
brains out on how to con an X-server into having multiple users typing away
(is this the X equivalent of logging in on different virtual consoles?), but
hadn't thought of the 'simple' solution of having two X servers looking
after one layout each.

I suspect this will indeed 'be a bit of a pain to configure' but in
principle I can see this working.

Expect a long delay and then a follow-up to say 'Well I've *nearly* got this
working...'

Much appreciated.

P.S. One approach I decided to avoid, though it's in the right direction
(nearly) minus the central hack...
    http://cambuca.ldhs.cetuc.puc-rio.br/multiuser/