[mythtv] mythmusic and coverart

Wed Mar 26 15:02:10 EST 2003

I have often wondered how winamp does it's cover art...  I think I once saw that they are producing a linux version, and so it might be possible to have a peek at the code.  However, it is basically a browser based system.

Actually, just had another look, and the cover art is not so prominently displayed in winamp3.  However it can be found by clicking on the album name.

Copyright is almost certainly going to be an issue...

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathan Ziarek [mailto:nathan at ziarek.com]
Sent: 26 March 2003 14:04
To: 'Development of mythtv'
Subject: RE: [mythtv] mythmusic and coverart

I've thought about it and looked around for different things.

www.allmusic.com seems like a good bet as they have movies and games (for
screenshots for those two modules). Unfortunately I know little of cgi; if
the URL string was something like
www.allmusic.com/lookup?artist=counting+crows it would be a lot easier to
figure out. However, I would think someone with some knowledge would still
be able to figure it out using CGI.

The other option is amazon.com, which would be great because they have the
click for larger image which would give us more options in creating modules
that use the information. (Instead of being stuck to a 150x150 image, we
could have a 600x600 to work with)

Nate