[mythtv] New and improved mythmusic playlists patch (LARGE)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Mon Mar 24 23:33:39 EST 2003

On Monday 24 March 2003 10:58 pm, Brent Hills wrote:
> Thor,
>
> I've played with the playlist patch.  I thought I would give some input.
>
> - I really, really, really would like the playlists to be ordered by
> artist/album/track which can be expanded or contracted at each level the
> same way the all music section works.  It would also be preferable to
> manipulate them at this level (ie. remove an album or artist from a list
> without having to select each individual track)

If you really want to do that, make a playlist for each album, make a playlist
for the artist that contains all the album playlists, etc.

> - I would prefer if you could remove items from the playlist without
> having to add a new key (my remote is maxed)

Delete'll be added to the popup menu soon enough.

> - I didn't find it intuitive (ie. easily apparent) what I needed to do
> to create a playlist.

But you did figure it out, right? =)

> I did mention I wish the playlist was organised the same as the all
> music section ;-)

I don't think that will work, honestly -- what if you don't want things
grouped like that?  Higher-level structures are really best left to playlists
containing other playlists, that's why the system was designed to make that
possible.  You can always remove things (entire artists, albums) from the
current playqueue by deselecting the appropriate checkboxes in the music tree
above, too.

> I also thought there was an edit list box that was workable with remotes
> associated with this patch (to allow you to type the playlist name).
> Was I imagining this item? Or is it somewhere else?

It's in there, just use the number keys in the edit box when you name your new
playlist.

Isaac