[mythtv] Watch Live TV / no encoders

Thor Johnson thormj at ieee.org
Mon Mar 24 21:39:35 EST 2003

Learn by doing... or so I thought!

I would like to change the screen "Watch Live TV: Out of inputs"
to have a list of in-progress recordings that you could switch
to or cancel.  I'm wondering which is the best way:

Option 1: When the RequestRecorder fails, ping the database
          for candidates and handle accordingly.

     Pro: No new comm messages
    Cons: Can't list the status of each recorder
          Relies on db consistency

Option 2: Add a new message to mythbackend like GET_ENCODER_STATUSES

     Pro: Can see what all the recorders are doing (and can be reused)
     Con: A message to potentially debug...

Other options?
TIA,
Thor Johnson

PS. I really like the new playbackbox stuff.  Might want to change
    "All Programs" to something like "[All Programs]" so it will be
    before "2001: A Space Odyssey".