[mythtv] PATCH: mythmusic enhancements

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sat Mar 22 07:24:00 EST 2003

> Van: Eric Andresen <ruler111 at cox.net>
>
> On Fri, 2003-03-14 at 13:42, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
>> Oops.  Found a bug in my patch which caused it to crash if
>> you tried to pause with keyboard accelerators enabled.
>> Try this updated patch instead.
>
> Here's a patch based on your patch for a few things I tweaked..
>
> -- Display the current song rating to the right of the new infolabel.
>
> -- Fix the column width of "Rating" that was driving me nuts.
>
> -- Commented out code that decreases song rating if you skip over it...
> If I'm not in the mood for a song, I'll skip it, but that doesn't mean I
> like it less.

This should be optional...

btw, some things about MytMusic that come into my mind when stumbling
across this mailinglist. Some of these might be nice to add to MyMu. I
don't have a running system though.

- Music rating, take a look at http://www.RoboDJ.org/
It's still a pretty experimental system but it works quite right. I'm
unsure if MyMu uses the same approach for ratings.

- Music rating/recommendation, http://www.Audioscrobbler.com/
This system keeps track of the songs you play and computes a recommendation
on that, based on other users ratings. I know that most linux users are a
bit picky about such "spyware", but I think it's usefull.

- Music retagging/renaming, http://www.MusicBrainz.org/
This is a system that analyses your music and does an educated guess on
what song it might be. In stead of renaming you might also move/symlink the
incorrect name in(to) a 'old-names'-dir or something. Some people might not
like retagging.

	Henk Poley <><