[mythtv] backend dependency on X

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Mar 21 20:14:08 EST 2003

On Friday 21 March 2003 07:40 pm, Andy Davidoff wrote:
> Can't that happen independently of the setup GUI?  This could also be the
> step that sets up the inputs with cardinput/channel stubs so that alternate
> inputs work "out of the box".

Nope.  That needs to go in setup, and I think it'd be pretty bad to have a GUI
setup app that then requires the user to run a separate, console setup app to
finish configuring things.

It's not exactly difficult to export an X display.  There's no design being
broken by having everything be a graphical setup.

Isaac