[mythtv] 0.9 Road Map Sugestion

Ryan A. Carris rac at racarris.com
Thu Mar 20 21:26:58 EST 2003

John Hurliman wrote:
> I think it makes sense to have point releases for Myth. Every once in a
> while when the CVS tree is deemed "stable" and there are several new
> bugfixes or features just package it into a 0.8.x release.
>
> John Hurliman

It would have been nice if a while back 0.7 would have been updated to
fix the zap2it/mythfilldatabase problems that rendered 0.7 useless.

There were several differnt patches/instruction on the mailing to fix
the problem. I tried one, it didn't work.  I tried another, it did. But
while waiting for 0.8, I lost count of how many people continually asked
the same question about how to fix the problem.

I agree with the people here who beleive that it there are not enough
developers to maintain a stable & unstable, that it is too much work,
and likely not necessary.  But IMHO if issues come up, where the current
release does not work, it would be nice if some type of release is made,
whether a patch of the previous release or a snapshot of the most stable
cvs.

-rac