[mythtv] Mythmusic patch (playlists, etc) LARGE

thor mythtv at lamedomainname.com
Wed Mar 19 23:04:26 EST 2003

	Attached is a patch for mythmusic that implements a number of things:

		- touch database very little (startup, exit, 2 other rare times)
		- playlists (and playlists within playlists, etc.)
		- progress output when checking files at startup
		- changing order in playlists (default, and others)
		- text entry (playlist names) via remote control keypad
		- a fair bit of other stuff

	This is experimental code. It will make its way into CVS over the next little
while, but some feedback would be useful. If you want to try it out, do
something like:

		cd {root myth cvs tree}/mythmusic
		make distclean
		cd mythmusic
		cp  {wherever}/mythmusic_playlists_patch.diff.bz2 .
		bunzip2 mythmusic_playlists_patch.diff.bz2
		patch -p 0 < mythmusic_playlists_patch.diff
		cd ..
		./configure
		make

	In particular, I'd be eager to hear from anyone who uses the IGNORE TAGS
stuff in the organization of their files to see how badly I managed to break
that.

	NB: If you have 10's of gigabytes of files in mp3 format, be careful about
making sure the values in mythmusic-settings.txt are correct before running.

- thor