[mythtv] Three Questions

John Freer john_freer at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 17 07:45:20 EST 2003

Hi All:

Thanks your time:

Setup:
XP2200, 1x Hauppauge Win-TV Deluxe, GeForce2MX

RedHat80, lirc0.6.6, MythTV CVS & MythVideo & MythWeather from last
weekend

Question 1:
In the recording scheduling feature in MythTV, there seems to be a
really long (1-2 Second) delay between when I press an arrow key and
when the selection cursor actually jumps on the screen to the next
block, up, down, or sideways.  I suspect there's a DB query in the
background happening someplace that needs to finish before the cursor
can skip to the next program block.  Any work being done / has been
done here to speed this up?  Or do I maybe have a config problem of
some type.

Question 2:
When using MythVideo, I followed the instructions of an earlier post
on how to incorporate dvd playing into mythvideo.  The procedure was
to edit mythvideo-settings and add a .dvd extension file type and
then create a symbolic link in my video directory to /dev/cdrom with
a link name of Play_A_DVD.dvd.  Unfortunately, the link doesn't show
in the list of available files when I bring up mythvideo.  A normal
file with a .dvd extension does show up.  Any suggestions?

Question 3:
When using MythVideo and the remote control, I can play, say an .avi
file fine, but when I use the Escape key that's mapped through
irxevent to exit mplayer, the window focus doesn't return to
Mythvideo.  However, if I use the keyboard Escape key, the window
focus retuns fine from mplayer to Mythvideo.  Do I have a config
problem?  Suggestions?

Thanks for your time,
John Freer.