[mythtv] Help needed testing logo detection code

Liam source at badlysoiled.net
Mon Mar 17 08:35:13 EST 2003

Hiya,
I've been working on some code to pick up white-transparent and white-opaque
logos which seems to work with the limited amount of material I've been able
to test it on.
When watching a program, press X to start off the logo detection, this should
take ten seconds then an ascii rendition of the logo will be sent to the
console at various levels of luminosity, the code takes a Y-value of greater
than 120 to be part of a logo. From then until the end of the video a console
message will be output saying if a logo is present or not.

I've only tested this on pre-recorded material but it ought to work on live
 tv too. This patch isn't supposed to add any extra functionality but is at
 the proof-of-concept stage.

Liam