[mythtv] My dev status on MythTV

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Sun Mar 16 18:03:39 EST 2003

On Sun, Mar 16, 2003 at 02:50:16PM -0800, John Hurliman wrote:

> I'm currently making changes to the new graphical setup to allow a user
> to completely setup MythTV with only a remote.
>
> Changes:
> - When mythtv runs for the first time it checks if the database has
> required values; if not the setup is ran.
> - Gateway, DNS servers and all networking options can be setup from
> mythsetup (only one network card for now). Kind of an imposing feature
> on the system, but necessary for stand-alone myth boxes.
> - The text boxes for inputting IP addresses will be replaced with four
> text boxes and "." graphics in between. [___] . [___] . [___] . [___] if
> that explains it at all. I don't know if this is supported yet but the
> user will be able to punch in numbers from the remote and use
> back-forward buttons to navigate them.
> - All features that aren't necessary to configure inputs/outputs or get
> the box working functionally will be moved into an "advanced" section,
> so there is minimal configuration required to get the box working for
> the average user.

Please try to keep your changes for each of these items separate, so that
you can submit them for inclusion in mythtv.  Some of these sound useful for
mainstream mythtv, but others may not be.

> My question is about the replacement IP address box. Should I define a
> new special textbox or just use 4 existing textboxes and code in the
> tabbing and needed code into mythsetup?

I would recommend creating an IPAddressSetting specialized for this kind of
interaction.  Take a look at the examples in settings.h and settings.cpp to
see how to create a new configuration class.

--
 - mdz