[mythtv] cardid's and remote backends

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Mar 14 14:21:53 EST 2003

Matthew Brichacek wrote:
>>This only works if the devices, inputname, and videosource
>>match. Otherwise those would need to be switched as well.
>>

> This might be it, I will mess with it tonight and see if it works.
>
> Thanks for detailed descriptions!!

Assuming Isaac is right (which is pretty much always the
case =), maybe the 'right' solution is to declare the master
to be the machine with the card you want chosen first.
Provided it can connect to the same database, there is
very little extra overhead for a backend to be the master.

Rerun setup on that machine, clear the card setting and
use it's IP for master. Go to the other machine to rerun
setup to configure it as a slave with card 2.

Sorry for giving conflicting answers ;-).

--  bjm