[mythtv] cardid's and remote backends

Matthew Brichacek mmbrich at ldl.fc.hp.com
Fri Mar 14 13:41:47 EST 2003

Hello again,
    I have started to notice another problem that showed up last night:

When I set the slave backends tv card to cardid 1, and turn on a remote
frontend, it hangs and gives me a timeout error.  The reason I set that
card to 1 is because that it usually the first machine on (the slave
backend) and it performs better that way.
Along the same lines, if I set the master backend to record, and it
grabs cardid 1, it will record for a few seconds and then thats the end
of it.  I erased the shows I had that did this, but I will try to
reproduce it tonight.
So is there a way to bind a specific frontend to specific cardid's?  I
have some debug info on the first problem I listed, I will send it to
the list as soon as I get home.

Thanks,

Matt