[mythtv] Querying a MythBackend...

Dan Man danman at dtconnect.com
Thu Mar 13 19:03:02 EST 2003

My only public web server that can access my MythTV machines is a
Windows box. I'm working on creating an object that can query the Myth
boxen in a fashion similar to MythWeb. (I can not install PHP on this
server). I've written the code to do TCP communications, for instance I
can connect to a web server and retrieve a web page. Now I'm trying to
understand the syntax of communicating with a Myth box. Looking at
MythWeb I'm looking up the MasterServerIP and MasterServerPort and
connecting to it successfully, but my queries never return.

My questions are:

I see that queries need to be formatted as QueryLength + 8 spaces +
query. Is that correct?

Does anything need to be sent to the back end before queries can happen?

Am I correct in using < MasterServerIP and MasterServerPort?

Any pointers here?

Thanks!

Dan Mount