[mythtv] MythVCD/DVD (was: I've got MythTV - CVS up and running. I'm ready to contribute features!)

Nathan Ziarek nathan at ziarek.com
Mon Mar 10 19:21:32 EST 2003

I am not entirely sure I know what you are talking about, but here goes :) :

Search through the archives for Matt's mPlayer patch. With that I thought
you could rencode the nuv files to whatever you wanted with synced audio.

While I am in no position to make demands, ideally I would like to see a
plug in that allows you to select a certain number of videos, exports them
and burns them into the proper format (DVD/SVCD/VCD) in one step without
leaving Myth (and from a remote). That kind of seems like a laundry list,
but within the context of what MythTV is, that is the only thing that makes
sense.

If it could take into consideration the cut list (there is a patch available
for converting the cut list into an mPlayer ready cut list) so we could burn
without commercials, that would be sweet.

Last thing, if we are considering this "archive" idea, then wouldn't it make
sense for MythSomething (perhaps Video?) to recognize the disc and pull up
any information Myth has on it?

Just my 10 or 11 cents.

Nate

BTW - I'd be happy to help out with Layout and design, when it gets to that
stage.