[mythtv] Latest CVS EPG issues

Michael Kedl kedlm at knology.net
Mon Mar 10 12:34:48 EST 2003

I notice a couple things with the latest CVS EPG.
I nuked everything away (make distclean, rm -Rf /usr/local/share/mythtv,
rm -Rf /var/lib/myth*).
My laptop machine is a P4-2.4Ghz with 512MB RAM, Radeon 7500 (fast
machine)
RedHat 8.0 with or without Gatos drivers it's about the same.
With or without KDE 3.1 it's about the same.

When I bring up the EPG it is slow....
Moving around takes a second between key presses.
Redraws are slow.
Actually moving around the main Myth windows is slow too; takes maybe
0.5 seconds to move from one icon to another.  Bringing up the main TV
menu with 6 icons takes about 2 seconds to draw.

The left side and bottom of the epg are also smaller than I would expect
them.  The icon and text on the left won't fit and the description at
the bottom is cut off (single line).

The screen is autoscaled to 1280x1024 because that is what the default
install did.

But the whole thing is almost unusable on this blazing machine;
previously on this machine I disable the scaling because I want to use
myth while I develop/do other things.  This was just the default install
and I think other people will be turned off if they install 0.8 and it
behaves like this.

Anybody else see this behavior?
Any ideas?  the scaling?  the alpha blending?

Thanks!
Mike