[mythtv] Segfault or 'Delaying to next trigger'

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Mon Mar 10 12:26:16 EST 2003

On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 08:40:16AM -0800, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Mar 2003 11:09:36 -0500, "Matt Zimmerman mdz-at-debian.org
> |mythtv/1.0-Allow|" <n4n4hbjjnh0t at sneakemail.com> said:
> > On Mon, Mar 10, 2003 at 08:03:09AM -0800, Geoffrey Hausheer wrote:
> >
> > Try a different sound device (drop in a card rather than using the
> > onboard).
> This is not really what I wanted to hear.  This box is my left over parts
> box, and my goal is to build it without needing to purchase anything (and
> a sound card is something I don't have a spare of).  If I were sure this
> would work, I'd go out and buy one, but otherwise, it isn't really an
> ideal solution.  Is there a way to run mythTV with no audio, so i can at
> least test that this really is the problem?

All of the symptoms that you posted have to do with sound, so that would be
the obvious way to troubleshoot it.  Go to your local hamfest or computer
show and pick up a sound blaster PCI; it should be almost free and will
sound better and work better than your onboard audio.

FWIW, I have sync problems with the onboard audio on my desktop PC, but
everything works fine in my myth box with an SB Live.

> On a completely side note, would it be possible to load liblame with
> libdl?  That should allow libmp3lame to be optional, and would lilkely let
> mythTv enter debian proper (perhaps with .ogg as the alternate format)

Not until the libavcodec question is resolved.

--
 - mdz