[mythtv] record/playback bug

Eli Criffield myth at zendo.net
Mon Mar 10 09:52:03 EST 2003

I recorded 4 shows last night, insomniac, jackass, and 6' under. All using
the current cvs.

All three had problems, 6' under played back ok but the time on the OSD
when pressing "i" the time was way behind what it should have been. At the
end of the show it said 23 mins of 59, even though it was at the end of the
recording.

Insomniac when played back the audio sync was off and it had the same
problem with the OSD time being way behind. Oh and i couldn't rewind either.

Jackass has the same audio sync problem though i watched it for a while,
saved the position and came back to it later and the saved position was
acutely past the end of the show (should have been about 10 mins it).

Insomniac and Jackass when played back using a patched mplayer .90rc4 play
back normal for a couple seconds then start playing back at high speed with
the audio staying normal becoming horribly unsycned. This is just like
what it looked like when i had this problem before with the cvs from 02-23.
I deleted 6' under when done watching it so i don't know if it did the same
thing.

Any ideas on what the problem is? What can i do to get more helpful debug
informations? I can upload the file for Insomniac or Jackass to a web-server if
it would be helpfully.

eli