[mythtv] Preparing for 0.8

Michael Kedl kedlm at knology.net
Mon Mar 10 10:23:28 EST 2003

> 2) This second item is a crappy bug report since I am only experiencing the
> problem on my main mythtv box.  In the alternative EPG, when I use up/down to
> scroll thru the channel list, the list sometimes (about 30% of the time)
> fails to scroll up or down when I hit the up/down arrows (also using
> remote..same problem).  I can tell that I've moved to the next higher/lower
> channel by looking at the show title and description (it changes just fine),
> but the grid listing doesn't scroll up or down.  After failing to scroll for
> 2 or 3 up/down arrow presses, the list will jump to the correct position.  I
> also noticed (once) that the channel list (furthest left column) was not
> lined up correctly with the actual program listings.  Channel 51 was aligned
> with the shows on channel 52, channel 52 was aligned with the shows on
> channel 53, and so forth.  I hit the down arrow a couple times and the
> listing corrected itself.  Scrolling left and right works perfectly, however.
> Unfortunately, I cannot seem to duplicate this problem on my desktop box, but
> I thought I'd post the problem in case someone else has the same problem and
> can narrow down the cause better than me.

I see this as well; I "assumed" it was because of my frontend in the
living room using a cruddy Mach64 with the Gatos drivers.  What do you
have for hw and sw?  My laptop with Radeon 7500 doesn't show this.

> 3) Whenever I make a selection in mythtv that causes a new window to appear or
> an existing one to disappear, I can see a short flash (perhaps 0.1 seconds)
> of the windows behind mythtv.  Someone else on the list reported this problem
> a while back, but nothing seemed to come of it.  The issue shows up on both
> of my mythtv boxes, but is less noticeable on the faster of the two
> computers.  I'm using KDE 3.0.5 on RH8.0 on both machines.

I see this as well, I just minimize all the other windows on the
"production box" until someone has time to fix it.

Mike