[mythtv] Remote encoder channel change.

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Mar 6 19:25:54 EST 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
>>If I choose three or more show to record at the same time
>>the scheduler and/or conflicts still only allow two shows
>>at a time even though there are three tuners available.
>>I'll look into this but I expect you'll fix this the right
>>way before I even grasp what's going on ;-).
>

> If you see what's wrong before I do, by all means fix it =)  I can't think of
> anything right off that would cause it.

I expect that the backend probably won't have a problem
assigning three or more encoders but as soon as I select
(before record time) the Fix Conflicts screen already
believes there is a conflict for three items at the same
time. At record time, only two of the three are assigned.
I'll take a look at the scheduler stuff...

>>The only obvious bug I've found so far is that, when recording
>>two shows, the channel change on the remote encoder fails.
>>On the slave backend console:
>

> This, however, was easy =)  The programinfo wire format wasn't transferring
> the sourceid or the cardid over to the backend.  What I just checked in is
> untested, but should work.  Lemme know if it does/doesn't.

Verified. The remote encoder did not complain and set the
channel properly.

--  bjm