[mythtv] Directv and channel changing problem

Robert mythtv at slackassbastards.org
Wed Mar 5 19:44:26 EST 2003

Quoting Tarek Lubani <tarek at tarek.2y.net>:

> Hey!
>
> OK, a few things..
>
> 1) What is the format of the command line? For it to gel with myth, it
> has to be <program> <channel>. example:
>
> /usr/bin/controlsat 123
>
> changes to channel 123.. It *can't* be:
>
> /usr/bin/controlsat 1 2 3
>
> which some programs do.. If it is the latter, I urge you to rethink the
> composure of the program, as it is likely sending out the numbers
> individually as opposed to a "channel" command with a single variable
> (channel number).. This can cause errors and also slows things down.

My script works as:
/usr/bin/controlsat 123

> 2) Conventionally, one would put the satellite to a composite in, and
> then make sure that the external channel changer is enabled.. At this

True, but I'm not conventional. :)  I currently have the signal from the
satellite coming in to the coax (cable) input.

To test. I switched myth to use the composite in and the channel changer
worked.  As soon as I switched it back to the coax input, the channel changer
stopped working.

> moment I'm not exactly sure how the changer is enabled, but my guess is
> that it can be configured from the setup parameters..

I did configure the channel changer through setup. My inputs (#4 in setup)
look like:
/dev/video0 (Television)-> Directv
/dev/video0 (Composite1)-> Directv

and the external channel changer is defined on both but only works on
Composite1