[mythtv] Directv and channel changing problem

Tarek Lubani tarek at tarek.2y.net
Wed Mar 5 19:11:31 EST 2003

Hey!

OK, a few things..

1) What is the format of the command line? For it to gel with myth, it
has to be <program> <channel>. example:

/usr/bin/controlsat 123

changes to channel 123.. It *can't* be:

/usr/bin/controlsat 1 2 3

which some programs do.. If it is the latter, I urge you to rethink the
composure of the program, as it is likely sending out the numbers
individually as opposed to a "channel" command with a single variable
(channel number).. This can cause errors and also slows things down.

2) Conventionally, one would put the satellite to a composite in, and
then make sure that the external channel changer is enabled.. At this
moment I'm not exactly sure how the changer is enabled, but my guess is
that it can be configured from the setup parameters..

Let us know how you make out : )

tarek : )