[mythtv] mythmusic question (again)

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Wed Mar 5 17:05:21 EST 2003

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 04:37 pm, Michael J. Sherman wrote:
> So, basically, if I were to play a 5-minute song, I would only be able
> to see GUI updates and interact with it at about the 45-second mark, the
> 1:30 mark, the 2:15 mark, etc.  So if I'm playing a song and I want to
> quit out, I can hit escape, but I have to wait for the next GUI update
> for that escape key event to actually reach the playback box and quit
> playing.

Ok.  Could you just verify that it's still broken with _current_ cvs (just
committed a change, but I don't think that'll help).  If it is, here's what
you need to do to debug it:

 - recompile mythmusic for debugging (settings.pro)
 - run the debug binary inside of gdb
 - when the UI freezes, hit ctl-c to break out of it.
 - type 'info threads' at the prompt.. there _should_ be 4 threads currently
running..  I'd like to see a backtrace from each.
  - switch to thread 1 by typing 'thread 1', get a backtrace by 'bt full'
  - rinse, repeat for each running thread.

That might help, and, well, it might not.  I dunno :(

Isaac