[mythtv] Feature Request

Chris Martin (Dev) dev at cgmartin.com
Tue Mar 4 19:36:37 EST 2003

On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 04:45:02PM -0500, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2003 at 03:56:36PM -0500, Andy Davidoff wrote:
> > I don't know what TiVo uses to build its hypothesis of what you like.  I
> > imagine it uses actors (which don't seem to be in our XML feed) and
> > program titles/categories.  Perhaps channels, too...
>
> I believe they collect this data from large numbers of viewers and perform
> "shopping basket" analysis and such on it.
>
>  - mdz

Not publicly accessible data I'm assuming. What web sites/Internet services have TV show information we could use to possibly help with matching favorites? Is there any extra info that we could collect from our XML feed besides actor info?

A service dedicated to collecting show ratings from MythTV users could be done pretty easily...but does it make sense if our usage pool is so limited? Results would probably be skewed for all Sci-Fi, Action, and Anime shows with all of us computer geeks. :)