[mythtv] mythmusic GUI freeze

Michael J. Sherman msherman at dsbox.com
Sun Mar 2 13:46:27 EST 2003

I'm having the mythmusic GUI freeze up for 30-45 seconds at a time.  Has
anyone else encountered this problem?  The sound plays fine, but the GUI
will lock up for up to 45 seconds, then update for a split-second, and

I remember I had this issue a few weeks ago when installing myth on
another machine.  Somehow the problem went away ;), but I'm having the
issue again on a new machine.  I installed a new sound card with no change.

Any hints would be much appreciated!

I'm using RedHat 8.0, latest mythmusic CVS (well, as of last night), and
the ALSA drivers 0.9.0rc7 for an Ensoniq es1371.  MythTV works just fine
with the audio.

Thanks!
Mike

Michael J. Sherman | msherman at dsbox.com