[mythtv] RE: Commercial flagging during record

Liam source at badlysoiled.net
Sun Mar 2 18:15:20 EST 2003

Yeah, I've seen the odd one. I assume this is something of a rarity and the
chances of seeing two in a row are fairly slim, if this is the case then we'd
see little islands of twenty or so seconds which we could disregard.

I think the most flexible and powerful way of using blackframe and content
analysis would be to allow the user to pick which methods to use based on
their hardware and the channel's characterisics. ie as well as flagging
blackframes then teletext and/or logos could be scanned for at the same time
so the eventual data would look something like:

at n seconds frames subtitles dissapeared.
at n+5 frames the logo dissapeared.
n+6 blackframe detected ...

Parsing this type of data might be a bit of a headache though. I reackon
logo/blackframe/subtitles are the only processings that would give useful
data for after the event, what do you think?