[mythtv] Window focus problems (was: Using KDE Window Manager, how to remove toolbars)

Brent Borghese brent at bborghese.com
Sat Mar 1 16:53:26 EST 2003

I have the same focus problem with lirc.

I am using the CVS from Jan 18, and for about 3 weeks every thing worked
fine. But, about a week ago the focus problem came back.

I know it sounds hard to believe, but I have done nothing to the box and
the problem started up again.

Temporary, the way I have got around the problem is to have my remote run
xmessage and it would pop-up a window for a second and when the window
closes the focus go back to the list box in myth.

Here is what I have in my .lircrc file:

begin
    prog = irexec
    button = Help
    config = xmessage -timeout 1 "Wait"
end

Make sure you have irexec running.

Brent

On 2/27/03, 2:01:52 AM, Michael "D." Cencula <mythtvuser at cencula.com> wrote
regarding [mythtv]  Window focus problems (was: Using KDE Window Manager,
how to remove toolbars):

> I've done some more looking into this trying to understand the behavior
and
> here's what I've found.  Mythtv works fine and there are no focus issues
when
> using the keyboard only.  Using lirc, however, gives the following
results:

> Use remote to select "watch recordings" -> brings up the "Select a
recording
> to view" dialog.
> Use remote to select a recording and start watching it.
> Use remote to exit recording (irxevent sends an Escape to CurrentWindow).

> at this point, the "Select a recording to view" dialog is in front, but
it
> does not have the focus.  This is evident by the column headings titled
> "Date" and "Title" are a subdued shade of blue...not the bright blue when
the
> window is focused.  If I hit the up and down arrows on the keyboard, the
> selection bar will move from program to program...but the up and down
arrows
> on the remote do nothing.  Also, if I hit alt-tab once, the application
> selector that pops up in the middle of the screen will highlight
> mythfrontend<2>, which is the "Select a recording to view" dialog.  That
> tells me that the other window named mythfrontend was active until I hit
> alt-tab.  When I release the alt-tab, the "Date" and "Title" column
headings
> become bright blue and the remote works in this dialog once more.

> Here's some speculation from a non-programmer:
> I've looked at the irxevent code and it seems to use some functions like
> XGetInputFocus() to find out what window to send the keypress characters
to.
> Since the MythTV menu window (Watch TV, Schedule a Recording, Watch
> Recordings, etc) has the same name as the "Select a recording to view"
dialog
> (they're both called mythfrontend), I wonder if lirc (irxevent, actually)
is