[mythtv] Commerical Skipping

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Mar 1 08:26:29 EST 2003

What day next week?  The reason I ask is that I'll probably have the
initial release of the record-time detection code (blank-frames only)
in CVS in a day or so.  Once that's in place, then you could update
to current CVS and "flag" your own commercials in the database.  You'd
have to hand insert a couple entries but that's easy to do, just have to
find out the right frame number which is easy as well.  Then you'd be
able to demonstrate auto-skip as well as manual (using 'Z' key) skip.
These are near instantaneous and will demonstrate how it will be once
offline commercial detection is working for most people.

I hope to get the patch in CVS by Sunday night EST.  I'm tracking down
a small bug right now but otherwise it's working pretty good, some shows
better than others of course.

> I'm going to be give a presentation on Myth next week at the local LUG,
> and I'd really like to show off the commercial skipping, so far it
> doesn't seem to work that well for NZ, Would it be possible for some
> kind soul to send me a _SHORT_ video that works well with the skip code?
>
> I don't need (or want) a complete show, just a few minutes so I can show
> the commercial skipping stuff. (with explanation that it's very early
> code etc etc and doesn't work in NZ atm)
>
> :D
> --
> Drew Whittle <drew at lug.net.nz>

Chris