[mythtv] Re: [mythtv-users] FF/REW key binding confusion

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Thu Jun 19 22:10:24 EDT 2003

Chad McQuinn wrote:

>Of course, at some point should also come "jump-back" behavior, so that when you are flying through a program and get to the point where you want to stop, the playback jumps back X seconds (X is tough to get right and depends on the user's reflexes as well as the current speed of FF, so should be configurable). This eliminates the *need* to go from fast-forward directly to rewind.

heh, my reflexes vary, depending on how tired I am, how closely I am
following what's on the screen etc.. And I don't know, if a
reflex-measuring training program for MythTV is a good idea. ;-P

(I don't know what the rewind button should do when in fast forward. I
also found it strange to go from very fast forward to rewind, I would
have wanted a straight-forward way to *reduce* the forward speed, but I
also agree with the arguments of the other side, that we need to go from
ff to rev directly, and I don't know, if 4 buttons are a good idea.)