[mythtv] osd characters

Sam N. Max (snx) snx at rogers.com
Mon Jun 16 19:40:20 EDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marc De Leenheer" <marc.deleenheer at pandora.be>
To: "MythTV Development" <mythtv-dev at snowman.net>
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2003 4:36 PM
Subject: [mythtv] osd characters

> Hello,
>
> someone else already posted this to the users-list, but nobody replied.
> Sorry for the repetitive noise...
>
> It appears that the characters which go below the normal line (being j, y,
> p and q) seem to get rendered in super-script. That way, the bottom of all
> characters are at the same height. Does this make sense?
>
> mdl

I was getting this for a while as well, and it was driving me nuts.  I'm not
sure as to what exactly fixed it, but I think it was compiling freetype so
that it had full TrueType support. (but I really don't think FreeSans.ttf,
the font in the OSD, should be effected by this).  There are some patent
issues with specific parts of TrueType which with support in FreeType is by
default disabled.

Anyway, I was originally using the Debian package on Sid for freetype...
perhaps something was broken with that.

- Eron