[mythtv] mythmkmovie 0.9

Jeffrey Brent McBeth mcbeth at broggs.org
Thu Jun 12 11:54:42 EDT 2003

On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 12:47:15PM -0400, Michael Pedersen wrote:

> Christopher Maahs wrote:
> | I finally tried my hand at using mythmkmovie, it worked as designed,
> | thanks!
>
> You are most welcome. Glad I could provide something useful :)
>
> | I ran into one issue in that for some reason my backend machine didn't
> | have libpng-devel, which caused mkmovie to spin trying to create those
> | initial two 14, 15 frames, this was due to the fact that mencoder was
> | returning a non-zero result.
>
> Whoa! I did not know that dependency was in there. Thank you! I'll add a
> note about that tonight. That, and I keep forgetting about that issue
> with that spot. I assume that mencoder will always work, and that's a
> bad assumption.

While you are adding dependency information, you should also mention you
require the DBI and DBD:mysql perl modules.

While I don't have mythmkmovie working yet, it looks pretty slick.

As long as adding the movie to the MythVideo is optional, that is really
really cool.  Good place to store shows you want "permanently"

Jeff

Computer Science is as much about computers as astronomy is about telescopes
	-- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (1930-2002)