[mythtv] Suitable Laptops?

Neil Trodden cannon.trodder at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 12 00:32:46 EDT 2003

At 16:55 11/06/2003 -0400, you wrote:

>The system I'd build for myself would be one of the Athlon-based Shuttles,
>modded with a slower fan, plus the usual myth stuff, with an IR dongle,
>and all that would be put completely behind the TV, with only the IR
>receiver peeking out. Or use a Pundit with a P4 instead of the
>Athlon+Shuttle, would be pretty much the same result, but even smaller.
>That would be cheaper, more silent, and maybe even smaller (the most
>powerful laptops come with gigantic screens now, AFAIK) - wouldn't be as
>thin, but could fit behind the TV just as well.

They are that good, I am considering migrating my desktop to one. And they
are a perfect size to fit in with my tv unit! TV-OUT plus 2 VGA sockets!
I'll be using the back two USB sockets for the IR and a wireless LAN
adapter with the front 2 for a USB camera or keyboard, maybe? At least with
one of these, you can pop a wintv pvr card in and experience MythTv to the
full...

--

Neil Trodden