[mythtv] What is the recordedmarkup table for?

Geoffrey Hausheer ou401cru02 at sneakemail.com
Tue Jun 10 17:26:06 EDT 2003

I am trying to determine what the recordedmarkup table is used for.  I
understand that it basically holds the same information as nvr->seektable
(i.e. info used for fast-forward/rewind), but I don't see why it is
written to the database.  I found that the reencoder doesn't work when
working with 'raw' data (i.e. not re-encoding audio), because I don't
update the seektable.  The patch to fix this is easy, but currently, I
don't try to update the inofrmation in the database (so the seektable
stored in the nuv doesn't match what is in the db), and I want to
understand how it is used, so I can correct the problem accordingly.  I'm
guessing it has something to do with real-time commercial detection, but
haven't figured it all out yet.  In theory the transcoder can either run
in parallel with a thread that is doing post-record commercial detection
(i.e. after the program has finished), or can run after the commercial
detection is done (and then edit out the commercials from the transcoded
files)

Thanks,
.Geoff
--