[mythtv] changes to conflict resolution

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Sun Jun 8 23:20:44 EDT 2003

Matt Zimmerman wrote:

>On Thu, Jun 05, 2003 at 01:10:24AM -0400, Craig Longman wrote:
>

>>Matt Zimmerman wrote:
>>

>>>Can you send your patch?  This should probably be fixed.
>>>
>>1) it is going to be recorded before this airing
>>2) it is going to be recorded after this airing, but because this one
>>conflicts and the next one doesn't, we've opted to record the next one.
>>i can't quite read all the text of the new 'unsuppress recording'
>>dialog, but we might want to update that text to at least allude to the
>>other meanings of duplicates.
>>

>I am wondering if that logic maybe should go away entirely.  The scheduler
>will recalculate things after it does a recording, so duplicates will be
>handled by the oldrecorded mechanism.
>
>Your patch, like mine, will cause some strange things to happen in the
>viewscheduled screen, so I don't think it's quite the right thing to do at
>this point.

well, it means that you can't 'unsuppress' a duplicate that hasn't been
recorded yet.  it will try to delete the oldrecorded entry, mistakenly
thinking thats why its marked as a dupe.  i do definitely think that it
should be displayed the way this patch shows things though, it makes so
much more sense to me, although i think we need to differentiate between
a scheduled duplicate and a real duplicate.

i've been trying to go through the permutations today, and figure it all
out.  i'll be out of town most of the week though, so won't be back at
it till probably next weekend.

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();