[mythtv] handling database structural changes

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Fri Jun 6 13:15:17 EDT 2003

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Friday 06 June 2003 11:19 am, Kirby Vandivort wrote:
>
>>Any interest in having something like this for Myth?  If so, I can
>>start working on the code.
>

> Not at this point in time, no.  When the database has stabilized more, yes.  I
> just don't want to have lots of crufty upgrade code in there at the moment.

Agreed that embedding upgrade code is problematic. However,
the idea of having a schema version number or date in the
settings table would make a lot of sense. A simple check
when the master backend starts could warn if the database
needs to be updated. There seems to be something like this
for the executables to check the libmyth version.

--  bjm