[mythtv] Mythtv recording: machine freezes totally

Chad McQuinn chadmcquinn at insightbb.com
Thu Jun 5 17:34:37 EDT 2003

On 6/4/03 3:58 PM, "cafeschintze" <cafeschintze at gmx.net> wrote:

> I am running latest Debian with the current CVS. Whenever mythtv
> records some programe, the machine freezes totally after round 10
> minutes. All I can do then, is hard-off. Not good! That way, I can't
> send you guys any backtraces.

I'm having the same problem, intermittently. System:

Mandrake 9.1
Athlon XP 2600
ASUS A7V8X-X
Dual tuner: TV-Wonder + PVR-250

Latest cvs of mythtv, ivtv (as of Thursday 6/5 afternoon).

I've had this happen a couple of times over the last two days. It never
happened before that (though I've only been going for about a week now).

I get a hard freeze, can't even ssh in (or ping, for that matter). I suspect
it might be the ivtv drivers, but I'm not sure because when the system
freezes, there's nothing in any of the logs to indicate what the problem is.

-Chad