[mythtv] overscanning

Craig Longman craigl at begeek.com
Wed Jun 4 01:58:41 EDT 2003

one other thing that's bothering me that i might as well as about trying
to fix, is that i have to overscan using the nvtv program to get a
picture that fills my screen.  the 'gui width' and 'gui height' settings
have been a great help in getting the main gui mostly visible, and the
settings for adjusting the picture allow me to both fill the screen
perfectly, as well as see more of the picture than i was seeing previously.

however, because the overscanning moves the 0,0 pixel well outside of
the screen viewing area, i miss the top few lines of the main myth gui
(and the game/weather, etc).  what i would like to have a go at is one
of two things.
a) allow an x and y offset
b) automatically center the myth gui inside the desktop resolution.

either would work, but b) would require less 'tuning' and should work in
most cases, i would imagine.

is there any reason this wouldn't be doable?

just as an explanation of why i think this is necessary, on the
resolving conflicts screen, i can't see the line(s?) at the top of the
screen that tell me if there are any conflicts to resolve, so every
couple days, i need to go in there and scroll all the way to the bottom
of the list to see if anything shows up in yellow.  the top of the
screen is that far off...

cheers,

    CraigL->Thx();