[mythtv] mythfilldatabase : tv_grab_na--help for useage

Isaac F. isaac447 at tazthecat.net
Sun Jun 1 14:46:41 EDT 2003

In our last episode entitled '[mythtv] mythfilldatabase : tv_grab_na--help for useage', Patrick Mowry wrote:
>  Thanks for looking at this.  I've started with a freshly installed and
> updated redhat 9 install. I used perl -MCPAN to be sure all the modules are
> up to date. I assume the problem is with my system. and I'm using the CVS
> version of mythtv from a few days ago.  Everything else is from the latest
> tarball releases.
>
>  I was getting messages about use IO without parameters being depricated
> until I edited /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/XML/Writer.pm and
> /usr/bin/tv_grab_na to change "use IO;" to "use IO::File;" in both.
>
>  Now when I run mythfilldatabase, I get:
>
>  use /usr/bin/tv_grab_na --help for usage
>
>  Where should I go from here?  I have xmltv-0.5.10.tar.gz and I'm using the
> CVS version of Mythtv for the PVR250 support.
>
>  Thanks again, and I'll reply ifI find the solution on my own.

I had this problem the other day.  In the Input sources listing, where
you specify your cable/satellite provider, did you put a space in the
name of the provider?  If so, try setting it up again WITHOUT a space in
the name.

I submitted a patch to make spaces work the other day to make spaces
work, but haven't checked if it made it in yet.

IF

--
Isaac W. Foraker, Software Engineer
http://tazthecat.net/~isaac/