[mythtv] New version of Mythchannels

Ben Bucksch linux.news at bucksch.org
Wed Jul 30 07:42:13 EDT 2003

 From looking at the screenshots, this looks really great, with scanning
for analog channels, a slider for manual finetuning, loading DVB channel
lists and all. Great work, Ramon, thanks! :-)

A few comments/suggestions:

    * I guess that XMLTV id and icon path make no sense to average
      users, but I don*'t know how to do it better otherwise.
    * If you assigne a "Number" to a channel, do you check for
      duplicates? What, if I try to move "La2" to number 2, but "Tele 5"
      happens to be on number 2 already?
    * Scanning analog channels: That "first tuner card" and "mythbackend
      not running" stuff makes no sense to average users. I also think
      that it's a bad idea to assume that the server with the TV cards
      has any graphical display, but we discussed that already.
    * PIDs: I'd use a separate textfield for video and audio PIDs, maybe
      even for AC3, subtitles etc., so that users know what they are for
      (more guiding) and don't have to worry about the DB field format
      definition (comma-separated, no spaces).
    * Nit-pick: "DVB" already includes "Digital", so I'd use e.g.
      "Digital: DVB" instead of "Digital DVB".

Ben