[mythtv] Re: MythWeather - erratic updates?

Michael Thomson linux at M-Thomson.net
Mon Jul 28 22:34:24 EDT 2003

Hi again

Not sure if this helps in any way, but I tried running mythfrontend under
gdb, with debug compied into all modules, and MythWeather runs fine. Running
the same mythfrontend *outside* gdb gets me into the same hung/busy state
when I try to open MythWeather.

("Curiouser and curiouser", said Alice)

I had a look at the code, but my attempt to add some tracing failed - do I
need to do anything more to see the output from the following that I stuck
in  Weather::weatherTimeout() ??? Nothing came out on my controlling
terminal, and (as expected) nothing came out in the mythbackend log.

    if (debug == true)
    {
          cout << "MythWeather: weatherTimeout: timeoutCounter := " <<
timeoutCounter << endl;
          if (stopProcessing)
          {
          cout << "MythWeather: weatherTimeout: stopProcessing := TRUE" <<
endl;
          }
          else
          {
          cout << "MythWeather: weatherTimeout: stopProcessing := FALSE" <<
endl;
          }
     }

As you can tell, my C++ skillz are somewhat... absent? :-)
Cheers
Mike