[mythtv] Re: Yet more on Teletext

Erik Arendse erik_nospam.arendse at bigfoot.com
Mon Jul 28 09:42:25 EDT 2003

At 26-7-2003 19:11, Martin Moeller wrote:
>Isn't the OSD/Captioning done *after* the video has been scaled to fit
>the TV/Monitor and if so, why use the videos resolution in stead of the
>TV/Monitor's?

No. OSD is patched in the picture before scaling/overlaying. I think Isaac
choose this method becuase that way you don't have to deal with the weird
overlay supports of all video cards.

I do in my own PVR, but it can be a pain in the *** for some cards. But the
support for legible fonts is a lot better, there is just no way with MythTV
to record a low-res show (think 160x100 documentary) and still overlay a
teletext 25x40 grid while still keeping nice characters. At least there
wasn't beginning of this year.

Erik