[mythtv] Channel management

Ramon Roca ramon.roca at xcombo.com
Fri Jul 25 11:34:03 EDT 2003

Tako,

Ah yes, favorites will do that partially. With mythchannels I hope that will
complete the thing or at least provide a complete foundation. That's why I
decided to introduce the channel lists (groups of channels). It's a real
need for DVB-s, and well, might be useful also for others where personal
favorites aren't enough.
Channel lists will work now only within the context of mythchannels, but we
can later on extend them to the epg just extending the way that favorites
do. That doen't look to me very much difficult, thus firs I've to work more
at mythchannels ;)

btw, the scenarios that you and others have mentioned on the xmltv are
really one of the things that I'm trying to solve. In spain we do also have
a channels, typically local, without a chance to get xmltv listings. About
having the channel frequencies on the xmltv, I think that's only happening
at na, i believe that's very much thanks to the cable that's why the current
ay is very much complete for them. Certainly where are other transmission
systems is where those questions arise.