[mythtv] Channel management

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Thu Jul 24 23:42:46 EDT 2003

ramon.roca at xcombo.com wrote:

>mythchannels will have a way to "delete" a channel, I wasn't planning for
>a "hide". At this point, not "massive", just channel per channel. My
>suggested tip at this point, is that if yoy don't want a channel list with
>everything available, you must import only the channels that you are
>interested and then, assign it to groups. Not sure how much available
>group editing features I'll include at this point.

Hmmm, but that would mean that I would have _no_ access at all to the
deleted channels. Thing is that on an average day... hmmm let's make
that 99% of the days, I watch only a very specific subset of channels.
But I don't want to lose the possibility to watch any of the other
channels if I really want to.

So a hide option would be nice. Or a way to change the order of channels
so I can at least put all those channels together so I can easily browse
them. Right now there's just too much "noise", too many channels I
hardly ever watch (but "hardly ever" is the key word here).

>I'm doing in that way certainly for being able to be included in the CVS.
>But I don't know, those kind of discussions sometimes looks more something
>like "what has to be first, the egg or the hen?"

Any idea what it would take to convince Isaac to include your channels
module? (Isaac? :-)